Dec 15, 2015
Powerhouse Experts to Advise and Support Largest Event for Women Content Creators and Influencers
NEW YORK, NY – December 16, 2016 – SheKnows Media, a leading women's media company with 90 million unique visitors a month1 and 253 million social media fans and followers2, today announced a dynamic new 45-member Advisory Board to strategize the attendee experience for #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us, the largest annual celebration of women online content creators, taking place in Los Angeles, August 4-6, 2016.
This year’s Advisory Board is again chaired by SheKnows Media Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer, Samantha Skey, and is comprised of activists, entrepreneurs, content creators and executives representing diverse organizations that include Capitol Music, L'Oréal, Citi, Awesomeness TV, Starcom LA and Black Girls CODE.
These leaders in their respective fields will provide insights and guidance on bringing the SheKnows Media mission to life at #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us. This unprecedented event seeks to inspire, and empower women to express themselves and their unique points of view through content creation, and to educate them on the best practices and opportunities that can help them take their work to their own next level. Three thousand content creators, social media influencers, authors, entrepreneurs, brand executives and marketers, and other industry luminaries are expected to attend this year’s event, which is produced by SheKnows Media.
“SheKnows Media is grounded in its mission of women inspiring women, and nowhere do we manifest this mission more vibrantly and concretely than at our annual event for the women in our extended community,” Skey said. “We are so honored to work with the women and men of this Advisory Board, whose work we admire and see as role models to the SheKnows Media ecosystem of content creators, brands and users.”
Members of the #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us Advisory Board are:
• Ana L. Flores, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Latina Bloggers Connect, Inc. and #WeAllGrow Summit
• Angela Chambliss, Director of Marketing, Best Buy
• Ayinde Howell, Chef and Founder, ieatgrass.com
• Barb Dybwad, Technology Communicator
• Bea Perez, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
• Beatriz Acevedo, Co-Founder/President, mitú
• Bettina Sherick, Founder, Hollywood in Pixels, Inc.
• Blake McKinney, Principal, latitude/The Richards Group
• Carley Knobloch, Digital Lifestyle Expert
• Carole Diarra, Vice President, Marketing, L'Oréal USA
• Chris Garboski, Manager, Nestlé Kitchens
• Courtney Nichols Gould, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer, SmartyPants Inc.
• David Kovach, Senior Vice President, Global Entertainment Marketing, Citi
• Elisa Camahort Page, Chief Community Officer, SheKnows Media
• Elissa Murphy, Chief Technology Officer, GoDaddy
• Ellen Gustafson, Author and Social Entrepreneur
• Emily Della Maggiora, Vice President, Data Services, Qterics
• Erin Kotecki Vest, Blogger, Political Consultant and Disability Advocate
• Feminista Jones, Editor, SheKnows Media and Co-Founder, Women’s Freedom Conference
• Jamie Kantrowitz, Venture Partner, Mesa Ventures
• Jennifer Glen, Vice President, Midwest and West Coast Sales, SheKnows Media
• Jess Weiner, Chief Executive Officer, Talk To Jess, LLC
• Joan Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer, Partnership for Los Angeles Schools
• Joanna Bloor, Co-Founder, The Amplify Lab
• Jody Gerson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Music Publishing Group
• Jurnee Smollett Bell, Actress and Activist
• Kara Berklich Weber, Founding Partner, Brilliant Ventures
• Kathy Ring, President/Chief Operating Officer, Starcom LA
• Kelley Skoloda, Partner/Director, Marketing to Women/Moms, Ketchum
• Kimberly Bryant, Founder and Executive Director, Black Girls CODE
• Kristin Hylek, Manager, Alliances and Brands, PR and Brand Engagement, McDonald’s USA
• Lisa Stone, BlogHer Co-Founder and Entrepreneur
• Lori Schwartz, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Catalyst, StoryTech™
• Madeline Di Nonno, Chief Executive Officer, Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
• Mandana Dayani, Chief Brand Officer, Everything But The House
• Menaka Gopinath, President, Ipsos SMX NA
• Meredith Chin, Head of Brand and Culture, LiveList
• Michelle Jubelirer, Chief Operating Officer, Capitol Music Group
• Morra Aarons-Mele, Founder, Women Online
• Rachel Shechtman, Founder, STORY
• Sarah Brokaw, Psychotherapist, Author and Podcast Host
• Sarah Michelle Gellar, Actress and Co-Founder, Foodstirs
• Sarah Penna, Head of Awestruck
• Shannon Pruitt, President, The Story Lab
Carole Diarra, Vice President, Marketing, L'Oréal USA, said, “The annual BlogHer conference provides unique networking and learning opportunities for content creators and brand marketers. I am thrilled to serve on this year’s Advisory Board and look forward to the conference this August.”
“As a storytelling advocate, I am thrilled to be in the company of so many others who are dedicated to empowering women influencers to create compelling and authentic content to connect with and empower their own audiences,” added Shannon Pruitt, President, The Story Lab.
1 comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Lifestyles Category Ranking Report, November 2015, U.S.
2 Momentum Platform, total reach across Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, including duplication, September 2015
3 Nielsen Media Research, Sept. 22, 2014-May 20, 2015
About SheKnows Media
SheKnows Media is the number-one women’s lifestyle digital media company with 90 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, November 2015, U.S.) and 253 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, StyleCaster.com, DailyMakeover.com and DrinksMixer.com. With a mission of women inspiring women, SheKnows Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 2 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP and OAS), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
SheKnows Media is based in New York and Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Redwood City, Calif. We also operate internationally in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.