Feb 09, 2015
NEW YORK, NY – Feb. 10, 2015 – SheKnows Media, a rapidly expanding, award-winning women’s lifestyle media platform with 78.4 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, December 2014, U.S.), today announced that it has appointed a 37-member Experts Advisory to provide strategic counsel for #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us, the world’s largest annual celebration of women content creators.
Comprised of a diverse group of leading activists, entrepreneurs and executives hailing from organizations that include The Coca-Cola Company, Unilever, One Kings Lane, Pinterest, Google Ventures, Girls Who Code and The Wall Street Journal, the Experts Advisory will offer guidance on programming and planning to ensure #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us provides an unmatched experience for the 3,500-plus content creators and brands expected to attend.
Now in its 11th year, SheKnows Media and BlogHer are joining forces to co-produce the event, which seeks to empower women to express themselves and their unique points of view through content creation. #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us will be held in New York City from July 16-18, 2015.
“The annual BlogHer event aligns perfectly with SheKnows Media’s mission of women inspiring women, having grown over the course of a decade from a grassroots effort for women bloggers to attracting a large, global and fiercely loyal audience in celebration of content creation,” said Samantha Skey, SheKnows Media’s Chief Revenue Officer and the Experts Advisory Chairperson. “Now that BlogHer is part of the SheKnows Media family, we will continue to honor that legacy by bringing to bear fresh concepts and the advice of a thoughtfully curated and highly influential panel of advisors who are doing great things to amplify women’s voices.”
Christy Turlington, Founder of Every Mother Counts, a nonprofit dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for women around the world, said, “#BlogHer15: Experts Among Us empowers women by providing a place where they can network, share and learn from each other. I am looking forward to collaborating with my fellow board members to incite other inspired women to drive conversation about vital public issues across social media, video and the web.”
More millennial content creators than ever before are expected to attend #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us. Amber Gordon, Founder of Femsplain, added, “There’s a lot of power in storytelling. My goal is to give women a supportive community and online outlet where they can create compelling content that is authentic to who they are. That’s something that I see eye-to-eye on with SheKnows Media – a huge advocate for ‘fem-powerment’ – and why I’m thrilled to be part of the #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us advisory board.”
Members of the Experts Advisory include:
• Celeste Bottorff, Vice President, Global Health & Wellbeing Initiatives, The Coca-Cola Company
• Meredith Chin, Technology/Video Expert
• Linda Descano, Managing Director and Head of Content & Social, Global Consumer Bank, Citi
• Jesse Draper, CEO, Valley Girl, Inc.
• Kathryn Finney, Managing Director, digitalundivided
• Katie Ford, President and Managing Director, Starcom Mediavest Group
• Amber Gordon, Founder, Femsplain
• Pilar Guzmán, Editor in Chief, Condé Nast Traveler
• Carrie Hammer, Founder, Carrie Hammer Custom Apparel
• Kim Holderness, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Greenroom Communications
• Feminista Jones, Social Worker, Activist and Writer, Feministajones.com
• Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
• Lila King, Product and Partnerships, HLN
• Kat Kinsman, Editor in Chief, Tasting Table
• Kristin Hylek, Manager, External Communications, McDonald’s USA
• David Leite, Publisher, Leite’s Culinaria
• Logan Levkoff, Sexuality Educator, Sexologist and Author, Loganlevkoff.com
• Malorie Lucich, Head of Product Communications, Pinterest
• Blake McKinney, Principal, latitude/The Richards Group
• Alisa Miller, President and CEO, Public Radio International (PRI)
• Courtney Nichols Gould, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, SmartyPants, Inc.
• Natalia Oberti Noguera, Founder and CEO, Pipeline Fellowship
• Kathy O’Brien, Vice President, Skin & Marketing Services, Unilever
• Alison Pincus, Co-Founder, One Kings Lane
• Alexandra Posen, Artist, Alexandraposen.com
• JJ Ramberg, Host, MSNBC's "Your Business"
• Leena Rao, Content Partner, Google Ventures
• Samantha Skey, Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, SheKnows Media
• Kelley Skoloda, Partner, Ketchum
• Nancy Spears, CEO, genConnect
• Joanna Stern, Personal Technology Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
• Reshma Saujani, Founder and CEO, Girls Who Code
• Christy Turlington Burns, Founder, Every Mother Counts
• Mimi Valdés, Creative Director and Vice President, i am OTHER
“SheKnows Media has done a fantastic job curating a diverse group of women leaders for their Experts Advisory and I'm confident that their commitment to spotlighting #morevoices will translate into an opportunity to showcase the varied range of ‘experts among us’ at the event,” said Pipeline Fellowship CEO Natalia Oberti Noguera.
“#BlogHer15: Experts Among Us will bring together a mix of bloggers, social media influencers, credentialed experts, entrepreneurs, top brands and everyday hand-raisers,” added Lisa Stone, SheKnows Media’s Chief Community Officer and BlogHer Co-Founder. “I am confident that with the Expert Advisory’s counsel, #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us will set a new benchmark for success and lay the groundwork for future conferences.”
In addition to introducing the Experts Advisory, SheKnows Media and BlogHer are expanding the Voices of the Year (#VOTY) celebration at #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us. The annual awards program, which pays tribute to today’s most inspiring content creators, now offers more categories to better reflect the extraordinary contributions women are making to social media.
SheKnows Media is a top women’s digital lifestyle media company with 78.4 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, December 2014, U.S.) and more than 147.4 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, StyleCaster.com, DailyMakeover.com, BeautyHigh.com and DrinksMixer.com. With a mission of women inspiring women, SheKnows Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 1.7 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP and OAS), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
SheKnows Media is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Belmont, Calif. We also operate internationally in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.